Volunteer at North Tyneside Citizen advice
Make a Real Difference by volunteering in North Tyneside
Citizens Advice is the largest advice provider in the UK and has around 20,000 volunteers nationally. By joining us you can become part of a highly respected advice network dedicated to working to improving the lives of people in North Tyneside.
Are you looking for work or studying for a degree, or do you have time to spare? You can gain vital work experience and enhance your CV, as well as making a real difference to peoples’ lives, by joining our team of volunteers advisers:
Telephone AdviserWe could not provide the support we do without the time and dedication of our voluntary staff. Volunteers are at the heart of our service.
- Interviewing – Advisers will conduct an interview over the telephone with a client. Our clients contact us with a wide range of issues, so the adviser will help the client to explain their problem and ask questions to clarify the issue.
- Researching Information – Advisers have access to a comprehensive information system to help clients. A supervisor is always on hand to guide volunteers through this information
- Giving Information – Advisers will provide information to a client on their problems. They will explain the options that a client has, so that they can make an informed decision on their next steps
- Case Recording – It is very important that all client’s cases are recorded so that we can offer an efficient service if the client comes back to us. These cases are recorded electronically and entered onto our Casebook case management system
- Preventing Problems – Citizens Advice collect a lot of information on the different problems that clients have. This information is used to influence policies and practices
- Be good at listening and being patient.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be able to read and write English, and do basic maths.
- Be open-minded and non-judgemental.
- Enjoy helping people.
- Be supportive to clients and colleagues.
- Be confident using Information Technology.
If you’re interested in volunteering with us, please fill out your details below and we will get back in touch with you as soon as possible: