Every year thousands of people come to us for help solving their problem.
- 77% say they couldn’t have solved their problem without us
- 82% say advice made a difference to their lives
- 90% say that the problem we helped with negatively affected their lives
- 66% say that they have difficulty knowing who to contact or how systems work before we advised them
- 33% come to us because they need to take urgent action
These individual problems can often have severe consequences if left unsolved, and by helping our clients maximise their income, avoid homelessness or manage their debts we prevent more costly intervention by local or government services, benefiting the wider community.
Out of the clients who visited us last year:
7 in 10 felt less stressed, depressed or anxious
Nearly 1 in 2 had more money or control of their finances
2 in 5 had a more secure housing situation
Nearly 1 in 2 felt their physical health had improved
3 in 10 found it easier to do their job or find a job
Nearly 1 in 2 felt they had better relationships with others
3 in 5 found it easier to manage day-to-day
In the same year, our work saved government and public services £22,921,701, equating to £31.17 saved for every £1 invested in our service.
For every £1 invested in our service in 2016/2017, we generated:
- £4.50 in savings to government and public services, totalling £3,311,820
- £26.67 in wider economic and social benefits, totalling £19,609,881
- £33.87 in financial value to the people we help, totalling £24,897,493
In 2016/2017, we have:
- Seen 13,068 clients
- Handled 65,209 issues
- Achieved £7,361,423 in benefits and £15,774,294 in total financial gains for clients
- Arranged for £3,420,153 of debt to be written-off
- Helped clients schedule repayments on £4,053,395 of debt
Over the year, our 40+ highly-skilled volunteers and their work were estimated to be worth £342,240.