Pension Wise is a free, confidential and impartial guidance service to help people understand their pension choices.
To qualify for a guidance session, you must:
- Be aged 50 or over
- Have a Defined Contribution pension (a pension pot that depends on how much you have paid in and how well the investments have done)
Appointments can be booked via the Pension Wise website: https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk
You can also call free on 0800 011 3797 or use the MoneyHelper webchat (Opens in a new window). One of MoneyHelper’s pension specialists will be happy to help.
Opening times: Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm (helpline) 9am to 5pm (webchat). Closed on bank holidays.
Relay UK – if you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0800 138 3944
You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK on the Relay UK website.
About your Pension Wise appointment:
Your appointment will be over the phone to discuss:
- The different options you have for your pension pot(s);
- How to shop around to get the best deal and avoid pension scams;
- Other factors you may need to consider.
- An appointment is a 45 to 60 minute conversation with a pensions specialist.
- We’ll talk through your options for taking your personal or workplace pension money.
- We’ll explain tax and give you next steps to take.
- You’ll also get a written summary of your appointment.
For further information, please see https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk