Pension Wise is a free, confidential and impartial guidance service to help people understand their pension choices.
To qualify for a guidance session, you must:
- Be aged 50 or over
- Have a Defined Contribution pension (a pension pot that depends on how much you have paid in and how well the investments have done)
We offer free Pension Wise appointments in Tyne & Wear, Co Durham, Cleveland, Cumbria & Northumberland. Please note we are currently unable to offer face-to-face appointments due to Coronavirus, but you can still receive advice through a telephone appointment.
Appointments can be booked via the Pension Wise website: https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk or call either 0191 270 4485 or 0800 138 3944 between 9:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday, or call into any local Citizens Advice office.
Relay UK – if you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0800 138 3944
You can use Relay UK with an app or a textphone. There’s no extra charge to use it. Find out how to use Relay UK on the Relay UK website.
About your Pension Wise appointment:
Your appointment will be over the phone to discuss:
- The different options you have for your pension pot(s);
- How to shop around to get the best deal and avoid pension scams;
- Other factors you may need to consider.
- An appointment is a 45 to 60 minute conversation with a pensions specialist.
- We’ll talk through your options for taking your personal or workplace pension money.
- We’ll explain tax and give you next steps to take.
- You’ll also get a written summary of your appointment.
For further information, please see https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk