Welcome to North Tyneside Citizen's Advice Bureau
You can access our services in four ways:
1. Main Bureau Drop-In
If you need advice or information you can attend a 'drop-in' at our offices in Wallsend and North Shields.
You will be given a short gateway assessment interview which will explore your enquiry and assess what your advice needs are.
The gateway assessment will decide which option is best for your needs:-
- Simple information provided at the gateway interview
- Assisted self-help provided at the gateway interview
- An appointment with our generalist advice service
- An appointment with our specialist advice service
2. Outreach Drop-in
We operate drop-in outreach sessions at the following locations:
- Bangladeshi Centre, 6 Esplanade Place - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
- Islamic Centre, Rink Way, Whitley Bay - Alternating Fridays 1pm - 4pm
- Killingworth, White Swan - Monday 10am - 1pm.
- Meadowell, Meadows Community Centre - Monday 1pm - 4pm.
- Longbenton, Oxford Centre - Tuesday 10am - 1pm.
- Dudley, John Willie Sams Centre - Thursday 10am - 1pm.
- Bewicke Medical Centre - Friday 10am - 1pm.
- Shiremoor, Shiremoor Library - Friday 10am - 1pm.
- NEW North Tyneside Hospital Monday 1pm -4pm.
To make appointments for Killingworth, Dudley, Howdon, Shiremoor & Longbenton – call into any centre or telephone (0345) 2000 101. For Bewicke medical centre call on (0191) 200 5034 and for North Tyneside General Hospital please see reception or call (0191) 2961437.
To make appointment at the Meadows, call in and make at reception or telephone (0191) 200 5034.
3. Telephone Advice
Telephone Adviceline - Tel: 0344 245 1288. Lines open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.
Call charges local rate from a BT landline. Charges from mobiles and other suppliers may vary.
Mobile telephone users calling the Telephone Adviceline will be given an alternative, cheaper, number they can use if they wish - 0300 3300 650. When asked to put in a local number, please enter 0191 2345679 to ensure that your call will be directed to a North Tyneside CAB. This is not a number that can be used to contact the Bureau.
You can visit the National Citizens Advice Bureau website www.adviceguide.org.uk, where you can find information about all the main areas of advice, including: Benefits, Debt, Housing, Employment, Consumer, Family, etc.
5. PENSION WISE - Your Money, Your Choice.
Are you close to or aged over 50? Do you have a personal or workplace pension based on how much you paid into your pension pot (a Defined Contribution Pension)?
If the answer is yes to both, then our new Pension Wise service can help you...Pension Wise is a free and impartial Government service to help you understand your options around the new pension freedoms in effect from April 2015.
Our service covers Tyne and Wear and Northumberland and we offer face to face appointments in a number of convenient locations around the region.
Please contact us directly on 0191 270 4485 to book your Free Pension wise guidance session or e-mail us at Pensionwise@ntcab.org.uk
Please note you cannot acces your pension until aged 55 (unless in exceptional circumstances), however guidance is now available to those aged 50 and above.