Welcome to North Tyneside Citizen's Advice Bureau
You can access our services in four ways:
1. Main Bureau Drop-In
If you need advice or information you can attend a 'drop-in' at our offices in Wallsend and North Shields.
You will be given a short gateway assessment interview which will explore your enquiry and assess what your advice needs are.
The gateway assessment will decide which option is best for your needs:-
- Simple information provided at the gateway interview
- Assisted self-help provided at the gateway interview
- An appointment with our generalist advice service
- An appointment with our specialist advice service
2. Outreach Drop-in
We operate drop-in outreach sessions at the following locations:
- Bangladeshi Centre, 6 Esplanade Place, Whitley Bay and Islamic Centre, Rink Way - Alternating Wednesdays 1pm - 3pm
- Killingworth, White Swan Centre - Monday 10am - 1pm
- Meadowell, Meadows Community Centre - Monday 1pm - 4pm
- Longbenton, Oxford Centre - Tuesday 10am - 1pm
- Dudley, John Willie Sams Centre - Thursday 10am - 1pm
- Howdon, Howon Community Centre - Thursday 1pm - 4pm
- Shiremoor, Shiremoor Library - Friday 10am - 1pm
To make appointments for Killingworth, Dudley, Howdon, Shiremoor & Longbenton – call into any centre or telephone 0345 2000 101
To make appointment at the Meadows, call in and make at reception or telephone 0191 2005034.
3. Telephone Advice
Debt and Sanctions Hotline - Tel: 0191 270 4485. Lines open Mon-Fri.
Telephone Adviceline - Tel: 0344 245 1288. Lines open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.
Call charges 5p per minue from a BT landline. Charges from mobiles and other suppliers may vary.
Mobile telephone users calling the Telephone Adviceline will be given an alternative, cheaper, number they can use if they wish - 0300 3300 650. When asked to put in a local number, please enter 0191 2345679 to ensure that your call will be directed to a North Tyneside CAB. This is not a number that can be used to contact the Bureau.
You can visit the National Citizens Advice Bureau website www.adviceguide.org.uk, where you can find information about all the main areas of advice, including: Benefits, Debt, Housing, Employment, Consumer, Family, etc.